This post was originally published in 2020 but has been updated and recirculated for 2021.
Well, guys and gals I think we are on the other side! After a summer of social distancing, we are back and Denver is basically back to normal! Red Rocks shows will soon be full capacity and restaurants can still do booze to go and have extended patios!
Tennyson, Highlands & LoHi
- Mas Kaos – Tennyson – I mean we basically live here. A combo of Pizza (Kaos Pizza) and Tacos (Uno Mass) into one amazing restaurant with a great patio. Even if you don’t want to stay, swing by and get a drink to go form the “Margarita Stand”
- Lola – LoHi – Pretend you’re at the beach and drink margs and eat fish tacos and oysters on Lola’s Patio
- Local 46 – Tennyson – Probably the best outdoor space in Denver this “Biergarten” is huge with lots of semi-private spaces to hang. Pictured above
- Ale House – LoHi – Rooftop for drinks
- Happy Camper – LoHi – This is a new pizza spot to Denver – dying to go here!
- American Elm – Tennyson – We love eating on the Patio at American Elm. Food, Service & drinks are always spot on. Check them out for brunch too
- Bacon Social House – Sunnyside & Littleton – Brunch or lunch with a large patio and very open-air “inside” dinning too
- Postino – LoHi, South Broadway – Cheese, wine, cheese & more wine! Oh and all the bruschetta you can dream of + a big patio!
- Cart-Driver – LoHi – This covered patio gets direct sunlight all day + its pizza and oysters!
- Ashkar – LoHi – Cozy and covered outdoor patio (with heaters)
- Arcana – LoHi – Large patio with outside bar
Uptown & Gov’s Park
- Ace Eat Serve – Uptown – Huge patio and great for “groups” Also check out their new lunch pop up Happy Go Lucky for lunch
- Humbolt Kitchen – Uptown – Make a resy here for date night
- Steuben’s – Uptown – The Trout Almondine is one of my all-time favs
- Logan Street – Gov’s Park – Maybe one of the longest patios in Denver with its wrap-around porch
- Coperta – Uptown – Get your spritz on with the extended patio at Coperta. Check out sister restaurant Beast+Bottle too!
Downtown, Union, Larimer, Dairy Block
- Kachina Cantina – Dairy Block/Union Station – Kachina is one of my FAVORITE restaurants in Denver. They have WHITE queso that is fire, killer margs (bottomless for brunch) and the food is so so good. I love their tacos in the Navajo bread but seriously love everything on the menu. They have a very open-air dining room and a great patio too.
- Poka Lola Social Club – Dairy Block – Take their amazing cocktails and food to go (think cheese plate, french dip, burgers) and enjoy in the ally or at home!
- Tavernetta – Union Station – Tavernetta’s patio has basically doubled so there is plenty of outdoor dining at this Union Station staple.
- Sunday Vinyl – Union Station – I have yet to visit this Union Station wine bar but everything about it looks right up my ally
- Osteria Marco – Larimer Square – Larimer Square is shut down and all restaurants have tables set up alfresco!
- Tag – Larimer Square – Make a resy here for a delicious date night!
- Snooze – DTC, Ballpark, Union Station, Colorado Boulevard, Westminster – Have all extended their patios – brunch all day! yes, please!
- Urban Farmer Denver – Union Station – Steaks and more on the spacious outdoor patio and open-air dining room
View this post on Instagram
Check out the new digs in our front parking lot for OutSource – the Source experience with a breath of fresh air. Beginning this weekend and every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. moving forward, visitors can order their Source favorites and dine-in at one of eight geodesic domes or one of 25 shaded tables. In addition, @smok_denver has set up an outdoor bar to keep the craft cocktails flowing. Guests are to be seated by a host on a first come, first served basis (a wait list will be available). Please use our parking structure on the weekends, remember the first hour is free. For the safety of staff and patrons, social distancing and regulated cleaning procedures have been put into place for OutSource. For more information, visit the @5280magazine and @archrecordmag features in our bio. We can't wait to spend the summer with you! #thesourcedenver #thesourcehotel #smokbbq ?: @mmudie + @smok_denver
- The Source – RiNo – The Source has converted their parking lot to a communal outdoor area for all their restaurants including Safta, Acorn and Smok
- Barcelona Wine Bar – RiNo – One of my favorite spots in Denver, the patio is small but the food and wine is oh so good
- Ironton Distillery – RiNo – HUGE patio like half a football field with share and misters too! Killer drink and Za!
- Bigsby’s Folly – RiNo
- Los Chingones – RiNo – Rooftops, margs and street tacos
Ironton Distillery – Strong drinks and good pizza with probably the biggest patio/garden area in Denver – head to Ironton – open for brunch now too!
Number 38 – Number 38 opened during the pandemic and has been our go-to outdoor spot! Check out the music and comedy line up or play a game of volleyball
Wash Park & South Broadway
- The Hornet – South Broadway – The Hornet has TWO patios! One patio right on Broadway and First and another one in back, which was named one of the best-hidden patios in Denver by Westword.
- Kaos – South Pearl – The Pizza in Mas Kaos. An old victorian with a huge yard to lounge it.
- Carmines on Pen – Wash Park – check out the alfresco dining they have set up here
- Uncle – Lohi & Wash Park – The area between Carmines on Pen and Uncle has been shut down to make alfresco dining at all these spots!
- Cochino – South Broadway – Y’all this patio is awesome!! They have misters! Plus, they have frozen margs and Palomas and one of my favorite queso’s in Denver
- Punch Bowl Social – Punch Bowl turned the entire parking lot into a patio to hang!
- Local Jones – Cherry Creek – Local Jones has taken over the old Departure Space in Cherry Creek and just opened like this week!
- Le Bilboquet – Cherry Creek – Transport yourself to Paris! With brunch or dinner on this charming patio!
- Barlo Grill – Cherry Creek – Barol has converted their parking lot into a patio!
- Cherry Cricket – Lodo & Cherry Creek – The Cherry Creek location has made a huge “Backyard“
View this post on Instagram
We missed you @cherrycreeknorth!! • Starting today, Friday, May 29th, Le Bilboquet is opening both its Open-Air Patio and indoor Dining from 11:30am – 10:00pm. Your favorite signature dishes are back on the menu, Tuna Tartare with Sesame Dressing, Cajun Chicken, of course our Frites are perfect for Al Fresco dining, and some soon to be new favorites like Le Bilboquet Rosé Sangria! ?Seating is limited so reservations are encouraged through OpenTable (link in bio) or calling 303-835-9999. ? Swipe ? to see our menus. • While we’re overjoyed to see you again, we open our doors with careful thought and extreme caution and in accordance with the CDC guidelines. Your safety and the safety of our community are of the utmost importance. We look forward to serving our Cherry Creek family once again. ? • • • #lebilboquetdenver #reopening #cherrycreeknorth #denver #wegotthisdenver #denverrestaurants #community #5280eats #303eats #lebilboquet #frenchbistro #cherrycreek #denverfoodie
City Park & Central Park
- Pizzeria Locale – Central Park – This new location has a big patio and on July 26th all three locations are giving 33% of all proceed to the Access Gallery a nonprofit that provides opportunities for people with disabilities.
- Stanley Marketplace – St*pelton – I mean this place is like half patio
- Cafe Miriam – City Park West
Englewood & Littleton
- Breckenridge Brewery – Littleton – The farmhouse is open!! Come enjoy this huge patio more details here
- Cochino Taco – Englewood & South Broadway – Killer margs and queso plus a great patio
- SALT – Part of Pearl street is closed and SALT has extended their patio! They are also serving to-go via their food truck!
- Flagstaff House Restaurant – Grab a cocktail and enjoy dinner starring at the mountains and the sweeping views of Boulder
- Zolo – Now open with crazy mountain views from their patio
- Centro – Open with a totally new menu and patio!
- West End Tavern – Rooftop with great views
I don’t drink beer – allergic to barley 🙁 – soo I am just sharing the ones I have literally driven past or yall responded with on IG! Slide into my DM’s and I’ll add your favorite here!
- New Terrain Brewing – Golden
- Call to Arms – Tennyson – This parking lot/patio gets sun all day + they have seltzers!
- Empourium Brewery – Tennyson – This converted parking lot has fire pits, igloos lounge chairs – its a vibe