A few weeks ago Recycle for Nature, a partnership between PepsiCo Recycling and the Nature Conservancy invited me to join them at the Denver Flea. Recycle for Nature is helping communities across the country improve their recycling habits to help protect nature, in particularly our waterways. How does recycling help protect water? Good Question!
As part of PepsiCo’s commitment to contribute up to $5 million over 5 years, between now and December 31, 2018, The Nature Conservancy benefits from the PepsiCo Recycle for Nature program. For every 0.25% point increase in the American Beverage Association’s national recycling rate, PepsiCo will contribute $31,250 funding in support of watershed protection and clean drinking water, up to $250,000 per year. Read more here
Here in Colorado Recycle for Nature will be benefiting the Colorado River and Front Range Forrest. Did you know the Colorado River supplies drinking water for over 33 million people?! Me neither! With 40% of our rivers unsafe for drinking it’s imperative that we clean them and protect the other 60% too!
Local artist Gamma Acosta was recruited to create a living art installation that flea-goers could interact with and learn more about the importance of recycling. And it was awesome. One side of the installation represented Summer and the other Winter. Attendees could vote for their favorite season by recycling on either side. I, of course, recycled for Summer because Summer is the best in Colorado. Everyone moves for the Winter but you stay for the Summer.
Only 33% of plastic bottles are recycled in the US. Which is why the PepsiCo & Nature Conservancy Partnership is so amazing. Together they are working with schools and communities to start and grow existing recycling programs. The more we recycle daily the higher the national ABA Recycling average goes up the more PepsiCo can give to protect our waterways. So recapping… more recycling = clean water = a better America! WOO! Learn how to get involved here.
A really surprising fact about the event was that it was the first time the Denver Flea had ever offered recyling. Uhhh like how is that possible?? Come on Denver Flea! Hope yall offer recycling from now till forever. Thank you Recycle For Nature to bringing this to the Flea!
The Flea was during WSP weekend so it was a great excuse to get out of the house and explore Denver with our out of town friends. The Flea has so many incredible local vendors and yummy food trucks. I have been on the hunt for a baseball cap to wear hiking and found the perfect one from Coloradical at Denver Fashion Truck. If you haven’t been to the Denver Flea mark your calendars for the Fall Flea August 13-14th.
These overalls are so soft and comfortable! Unfortunately, the are from Express last season, same with these Splendid sandals. I have linked to some similar items bellow.
what a great cause! Thanks for sharing. 🙂
Tanvi Rastogi (@Tanviidotcom) says
Great initiative. And love your outfit! 🙂
∞ © tanvii.com ∞