Earlier in March, I started a book club to connect with my community during this time. My goal for 2020 was to grow my personal community in Denver and with my blog followers. And that growth can still happen even while we stay home.
For our first book, we read Such a Fun Age by Kiley Reid. This book touches on topics like race, class, privacy but in with a fun and easy storyline. Four our meeting we did a zoom call with wine to discuss! We had a great time discussing the book and it was so fun to hear every one perspectives on certain characters and backstories.
Join BMB Book Club
If you are interested in joining you can sign up here. We are going to pick our next book and then give ourselves 2-3 weeks to read and then meet for a zoom call to discuss!
BTW – I got a kindle for Christmas so now that is where I read all of my books. I also do a lot on Audible too!
BMB’s Favorite Reads Thus Far…
- The War of Art – Steven Pressfield
- Brave not perfect – Reshma Saujani
- Everything is Figureoutable – Marie Forleo
- Obstacle is The Way – Ryan Holiday
Business & Self Help
- Hooked – Nir Eyal
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck – Mark Manson
- Own It: The Power of Woman at Work – Sallie Krawcheck
- Ego is The Enemy – Ryan Holiday
- Inspired – Marty Cagen
- Culture Code – Daniel Coyle
- Crucial Conversations – Kerry Patterson, Joseph Grenny, McGraw-Hill Education
Just For Fun
- Where The Crawdads Sing – Delia Owens
- Magnolia Story – Chip & Joanna Gaines
- Elin Hilderbrand – Fun summer reads
- Regretting You – Collen Hoover
P.S. If you love to read or are just getting into it try Kindle Unlimited your first month is free for unlimited reading of some of the best new books and all the classics too.