When you are tired of walking from site to site slow down and spend an afternoon in the sun gazing at the Eiffel Tower. This was one of my bucket list items in pairs so I was pretty prepared but alas I forgot sunscreen and a hat which made it pretty hard to sit in the sun all afternoon. So I have broken down exactly what you need to pack/find in Paris for the perfect afternoon picnic.
What to bring for an Eiffel Tower Picnic
- Sunscreen & Hat – Y’all I was dying it was so beautiful but so damn hot in the direct sunlight. If we had had sunscreen and hats we could have stayed out there for hours!
- Picnic Blanket – I knew we were going to have a picnic so I made a point to pack this tapestry to sit on, lightweight but not waterproof. Tarpestry makes the best waterproof and gorgeous picnic blankets but probably too much to add to a carry-on.
- Wine Opener – Ideally you can find a twist-off cap but if not don’t forget a wine opener, there will be people walking around selling wine and beer so if you forget you can get some… or more!
- Utensils/Knife/Cups – I actually bought a knife that our food tour guide Veronica told us was a staple in french culture and any wanna-be cheesemonger should have one!
- Cheese and More – Find a cute neighborhood and stop into the local fromagerie and boucherie to get the perfect french picnic. I highly recommend trying Comté cheese too.
Leave a Reply