I have been posting a lot about shoes lately, so I thought I would share a post on the shoes I actually own and wear NON-STOP in the Summer. Some of these are tried and true favorites like my Birkenstocks and Chaco’s and some are newcomers in the last two years that have totally surprised me in their comfort and durability.
Let me preface this by saying I have weird/horrible/weak feet. I wear comfort shoe brands like Born, Korkease, Ecco, or Vionic almost exclusively. I have plantar fasciitis, high arches, and week legs so standing or walking for even extremely short periods – like more than five minutes can be painful – yay! All this means that I can’t just go buy a pair of shoes at Target, nope, I need special shoes for my special feet. So if you’re wondering if these are comfortable, yes yes they are.
- Birkenstocks – I just wrote an entire post on my love for Birkenstocks you can read here.
- Chaco Sandals – I wear these almost every day. For years I wore plain black but last year I designed my own pair and love how they turned out. I went with something a little more colorful that was good to wear to with dressier outfits as the black could be a little bit of an eyesore. Y’all nothing is better than putting on a pair of Chaco after a long hike – nothing! Oh, and I have done both toe strap and no toe strap – I like both so up to you! PS> Chacos are 25% off right now on Backcountry.com
- Michael Michael Kors Epidrills – I got these Michael Kors Espirdill platforms to wear for my rehearsal dinner and ended up wearing them almost every day to work. I love the little bit of lift I get from the platform and they are extremely comfortable. Tempted to buy these again just in case they don’t come back next season
- Eileen Fisher – These have been around for a year and while they are a little more expensive I think they are worth it – plus you can usually find a few styles on sale like here and here. I got these for walking around Europe and they were great another pair I throw on often and love the extra lift I get.
- Vionic Tennis Shoes – Vionic makes super comfortable shoes and I wore a pair of their white sneakers so much they are kinda gross but I still love them. Linking to similar styles by Vionic here.
- Born Sandals – I am looking at all my shoes as I write this and I have 3 pairs of sandals by born. The sandal can be tricky as there is often NO support. but these offer support with comfortable moldy footbeds and a little lift. I have an older version of these gladiators in black and these in gladiators in tan and these in tan as well.
- Rainbows – Been rocking the Rainbow Sandal (narrow strap) since high school – after I graduated from the Birkenstocks lol. The best shoe when you don’t want a backstrap… all my other sandals have backstraps, now that I think about it.