While social distancing and quarantine are changing the way we all live, it doesn’t have to ruin your fun. The motto of Blue Mountain Belle has always and will always be, making every weekend an adventure so you can too. Weekends and weeknights might be sequestered to your house or apartment but there are plenty of ways to make it fun and keep yourself sane.
I am a planner through and through. I live for EXPERIENCES, whether it’s dressing up for a dinner date or exploring a new part of town. But the uncertainty around all of this is just overwhelming. So we have started making a “Light at the end of the tunnel” aka an activity to look forward to each week, hell every day!
- So take out your calendar, and let’s make some plans to look forward too!
- If your quarantined solo with your fam or partner plans some virtual face to facetime with your family and friends. All of the activities can be done with your pals via zoom or facetime, honestly, it will only enhance them!
- Think short term, no one knows what next week will be like, so the goal is to make plans for this week. Am I the only one who thinks about dinner right after you eat breakfast? It’s one of my favorite things to do!
Whether its a meal, workout, taking a class, or theme night, come up with small things to look forward to every week, hell every day why not! It can be as big as a themed date night or as simple as enjoying your favorite cereal and cozying up to that book you have been meaning to read. YOU GOT THIS. WE ALL GOT THIS, OKAY? okay!
Activities to look forward to
Date Night or #treatyourself
Successful relationships happen when you continue to grow as a person and with your partner and that means continuing to date as long as your married. Just because you are on lockdown spending 24/7 with your significant other doesn’t mean you can’t spice it up for a date night.
Set the scene – Pull out the crystal, china, & set the table like your hosting thanksgiving. Turn off the TV and put on some music – check out my Spotify for some date night inspiration.
Get Dressed Up – Change out of your sweats and into the new outfit you got but have nowhere to wear it too! Part of the fun of a going out is just thinking about what you might wear, then trying it all on! So with date night, scheduled for later this week, you can visualize your possible outfits all week long.
Got a bike? Great! Can you bike to a restaurant? Even better! Take that bike out for a spin then swing by your favorite spot for take out. Cruise home an eat al fresco!
Cook For Dinner
Our favorite “Fancy” Dinner Spots in Denver for Takeout
Want more Date Night ideas? Check out my 7 theme nights ideas
Watch (Dance) A Concert in your Living Room
Right, every artist & DJ is setting up live steams, almost every night, some going all day long too. Find a show, whether live or a rerun and treat it like a show, put on your dancing shoes, dim the lights, bust out the glowsticks and set up zoom call with all you friends, you can critique the show just like your there in person.
Enjoy the Sunset
If you can go on a walk, you can have a sunset stroll. Am I the only one that is still surprised by how light it is at 7:30 pm?! Mix up a cocktail and take a stroll in the hood. I go back and forth on whether this is the best “season” to be stuck inside and considering Spring is my least favorite because of our extreme fluctuations in weather – 70 one day, snowing the next. So if the weather is nice we are gonna take a little sunset walk around the park near our house and enjoy these little moments.
Play A Game
I am a true gamer at heart y’all and I have loved having more of a reason to order new ones from Amazon since being home. I did a round up of my favorite 2 player, 3+ player, and yard games in this post.
National Holidays To Celebrates
Running out of ideas then check out some of the fun and weird national holidays we have coming up. Plan all-out celebration at home around those like
- April 3 – World Party Day
- April 7 – National Beer Day
- April 9 – National Unicorn Day
- April 11 – National Pet Day
- April 13 – National Scrabble Day
- April 14 – National Gardening Day
- April 22 – Earth Day
- April 23 – World Book Day
- April 27 – National Tell A Story Day
- April 29 – International Dance Party Day
- April 30 – National adopt a Shelter Pet Day
- May 1 – National Space Day
- May 2 – National Fitness, Truffle & Scrapbook Day
- May 3 – World Laughter Day
- May 4 – Star Wars Day
- May 5 – Cinco De Mayo
- May 6 – National Nurses Day
- May 11 – National Eat What You Want Day
- May 13 – World Cocktail Day
- May 25 – National Wine Day
- May 28 – National Hamburger Day
Do A Live Workout
I promise you most gyms and studios in your town are offering free live classes as well as the workout apps (Pelaton!) and fitness influencers. It’s seriously never been easier to start a home workout routine. Research classes and put them on your schedule for a week. Do something you have never done before like a hip hop dance class! You’re at home who cares what you look like. I spend 20 mins last Saturday trying to perfect my walking man lol!
I had been hearing about Melissa Wood Health on IG for a little over a year so when she announced a live class with Danielle Bernstine I set a reminder and put it on my works schedule. The class was a great break from the day and doing it on IG live made me feel even more connected.
So what activities are you going to plan to look forward too? I’d love for you to share with me in your comments below or on IG!