2020 Update – The Ritz is open (and the pool too!) I am sharing some great specials they are running this summer at the end of the post!
The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch is perfect. And I am sure this isn’t the first time you have heard that. An almost eight-year Colorado dream came true when we visited The Ritz Bachelor Gulch this summer!
Let’s go back in time… When I came out to interview back in 2012 the girl I met with went on and on about sipping champagne at Bachelor Gulch after a day of skiing. Dreamy right?
Beaver Creek is one of our favorite places to ski not only for the terrain but the lack of crowds and my favorite part of BV – doing laps in Bachelor Gulch. I myself can now say I have sipped champagne after a day of skiing which is pretty fab but Beaver Creek in the summer – wow this place really takes the cake.
What Make’s The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch So Special
Yes, it’s beautiful, yes its got killer food and service but can we focus on the vibe! I have never been to a resort in Colorado that was so much fun. Everywhere one there was friendly, fun and ready to chat it up. And I don’t even like talking to people!
The Pool & Outdoor Deck
You will find that ski lodges always have great bars, game rooms and big lounges for apres ski – Bachelor Gulch has all that and an amazing outdoor patio with two bars a pool hot tubs and a giant lawn for games. And room for everyone to get a lounge or table too.
The Ritz is on top of getting their guests active and moving. From nature hikes to art classes there is a lot to do around the resort. We took an afternoon Painting and Pinto class that was so much fun. To be honest, Clay wasn’t too psyched about it but our teacher actually taught us so much.
Clay decided to paint in the Monet dot style while I stuck to more classic brush strokes. She gave us feedback on everything, made us stand up and look at everyone else painting, stand back five feet, and reevaluate before moving on. This was a legit art class and we both loved it – and I mean you get free wine too!
The Bars and Restaurants
The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch has a number of restaurants, WYLD for your 5-star dining, Buffalos for casual dining, Daniel’s Bar and Grill outside. We ran into Chef Jasper Schneider while on our tour and he suggests we stop by WYLD for dinner and I am so glad we did it was so so so good.
After dinner, we checked out the outdoor bar with live music and sat inside for a little while. I really wanted to stay up and mingle and check out the Bachelor’s Lounge.
By far the coolest bar on the property is the Bachelor’s Lounge. With a swanky bar, pool table, and huge heated patio, this is the place to see and be seen, oh, and its the only Cigar bar in Vail!
The Club Lounge
During our stay, we stayed on the Club Level floor. The Club Level Lounge offers complimentary breakfast, lunch, lights snacks, hors-d’oeuvres and desserts. We popped in every time we went up the room to check out the new food and snack selection.
The breakfast spread is really nice and we loved sitting on the veranda in the morning sun. However, after we walked downstairs and I saw the ridiculous build your own mimosa and bloody marry bar – I wish we had had brunch downstairs!
Weddings At The Ritz Bachelor Gulch
While on our tour of the property we got to check out all the wedding venues as well. While we loved getting married in Crested Butte, Beaver Creek checks a lot of my list while being way closer and more convenient for the guest. Plus, I really love that you can do all your wedding events in one location with no transportation once your guest arrives.
Here is the grand overlook which offers stunning views of the gore range. After the ceremony, you and your guest can travel to the outdoor patio for cocktail hour.
While the ballrooms are actually really beautiful I love the idea of a tented reception on the grand lawn. After the reception? After party! Like I said the Ritz bar is always popping and your crew can always head to the Bachelor’s Lounge too.
It’s funny, I got so many DMs while at The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch saying “Isn’t it the best” or “Oh I love that place” and I could not agree more! Hopefully, we will get to visit the fall or for the new Monet Champagne and Raw bar for Apres Ski!
2020 Summer Specials
- The Edge of Wild: Provides $200 resort credit when you stay 3 nights or more.
- Tee up and Wind Down: One or two rounds of golf at Red Sky Ranch Golf Course for overnight guests and valet parking
- The Treat You: Club level guests to stay four nights, while paying for three. Stay from June 29-September 7
- Stay Longer, Experience More: Stay three nights and save 15% or stay four nights or more nights and save 20%
Summer 2020 Featured Activities
- In-Room Camping Experience for the kids: Designed for children ages 5 to 12, Bachelor’s Lil’ Campout package brings the excitement of a camping experience to the comfort of your luxury guest room with a 5’ x 5’ teepee complete with Ritz-Carlton linens and featherbed.
- Dining: Signature restaurant WYLD will be open both indoors and on the terrace daily serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. In-Room dining will also be available for breakfast and dinner as well as the outdoor Fireside Bar serving the Mountainside Terrace and pool area with food and beverages.
- Spa: The spa will be open for service appointments and retail on Wednesdays – Sundays, by appointment.
- Outdoor Activities: Tennis, daily guided hikes, golf and the Ritz Kids program are in development and will likely launch in mid-June.